Guilford County has embarked on an exciting project called the Guilford Strategic Alliance: Building Tomorrow, Today. The purpose of the project is to develop a process whereby we can best serve the needs of residents while remaining fiscally responsible. This project will develop and continue to enhance the County’s strategic planning process.
Vision, Mission & Values (PDF)
2010 Retreat Handout
The project recognizes that there are four phases to strategic planning. These four phases are part of an iterative process and will be continually refined.
• Assessment: The identification of community needs (PDF)
• Goal Setting: The translation of vision and mission statements into Goals (PDF)
• Plan Development: The evolution of 4 Strategic Focus Areas and 15 Strategic Issues (PDF)
• Managing for Results: Insuring the plan produces outcome-based initiatives (PDF)
• Human Services Improvement Task Force Summary Report (PDF)
• Efficiency Report (PDF)
The Board of County Commissioners takes an active role in the planning and policy objectives of Guilford County government. While all Commissioners lead their respective committee assignments, the following Commissioners and Committees facilitate the ongoing Strategic Planning process specifically:
Human Services Task Force: Chairperson, Carolyn Coleman
Budget Committee: Chairperson, Bruce Davis
Education Committee: Chairperson, Kirk Perkins
Substance Abuse & Drug Treatment: Chairperson, Kay Cashion
Jail Committee: Chairperson, Paul Gibson